A person’s chances of surviving a heart attack increase if he/she gets emergency treatment as soon as possible. It’s important to recognize the signs and symptoms of a heart attack and act quickly. If you think that you or someone else is having a heart attack, call 9-1-1 immediately.
Take a few minutes to learn the major signs and symptoms of a heart attack:
- Chest pain or discomfort
- Pain or discomfort in the jaw, neck, back, arms, shoulders, or stomach
- Feeling weak, light-headed, or faint
- Shortness of breath. May occur with or without chest discomfort.
Other signs and symptoms that a person may have during a heart attack include:
- Nausea (feeling sick to your stomach) or vomiting
- Breaking out in a cold sweat
- Sourced from Centers for Disease Control & Prevention