Facts About the Flu
OSHA recommends workers follow these tips to help protect against contracting the flu virus:
- Get the flu vaccine.
- Don’t go to work if you’re sick. If you have a fever and flu-like symptoms, stay home until your fever has been gone for at least a day.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If you don’t have access to soap and water, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Refrain from touching your face, particularly your nose, mouth and eyes.
- Be mindful of others. Cough or sneeze into a tissue or into your upper sleeves, and then wash your hands.
- Keep items you use regularly, such as your keyboard or telephone, clean. When possible, refrain from using a co-worker’s office equipment. If you must, consider disinfecting any items you use.
- Keep your distance from people you suspect may be ill.
- Do your best to maintain a healthy diet, and exercise regularly.
- Check to see if your employer offers training on how to stay healthy at work.
Sourced from the National Safety Council