Taking five-minute breaks–whether you sit at a desk, do heavy construction work, or anything in between–can have several benefits. Below are examples of some activities you can do in five minutes or less for rest breaks.
- Take several short breaks throughout the day. Make sure they include some movement.
- Take a short walk away from your workstation.
- Stand up and stretch or walk in place at your desk without looking at your computer monitor.
- Get out of your chair whenever you take phone calls at your desk.
- Change positions at your workstation.
- Have a drink of water or a light snack.
Sourced from Centers for Disease Control & Prevention