Use these tips to take action in lowering your risk for heart disease and heart attack.
- Ask your doctor or nurse how to maintain a healthy weight and how to prevent and control high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, and diabetes.
- If you smoke, call 1-800-QUIT-NOW to help you quit.
- Limit alcohol.
- Make healthy food choices for meals and snacks. Grab a healthy snack on the go.
- Be active. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Park farther away and walk.
- Know the symptoms of a heart attack.
Sourced from Centers for Disease Control & Prevention