1. Only qualified personnel shall operate powered hand tools.
2. All hand tools shall be inspected for safe operation.
3. Remove all damaged portable electric tools from use and tag: “Do Not Use.”
4. Use all guards supplied by the manufacturer.
5. Power tools shall have a constant pressure switch that allows turn on/turn-off with the same finger.
6. Do not use locking mechanisms on powered hand tools.
7. Never disconnect the tool from the electrical outlet by pulling on the cord.
8. Disconnect tools before changing attachments such as blades, bits, and cutters.
9. If the tool is not double insulated it must have a three-wire cord and be plugged into a properly grounded receptacle.